Prairie pics

JORG

Been back and forth to the cabin 3 times in the last 3 weeks didn't take many pics but here are a few from the middle of nowhere

fish1095.jpg

Suset about 2 miles upstream from the cabin at a sweet fishing hole

fish1101.jpg

Some sandhills in the background

fish1096.jpg

Ranch near the sandhills with a large horn collection if you notice the drum it is stacked with antlers also

fish1106.jpg

A fixer upper on the prairie

fish1108.jpg

A little oasis the water is about 20 feet deep

fish1113.jpg

The old chevy

fish1092.jpg

fish1102.jpg

2 of the probably 100 snakes on the road made for a slow ride, constantly stopping and tossing them into the ditch before they get flat

Great pics, where are the fish??? Good on you for tossing the snakes back.

Never took any fish pics and I don't know why because I keep the cybershot that I used for these pics in my tackle box---I'll be going again next week I'll take some fish pics then

Where abouts is this located

Sunset is near Lemsford regional park Sask,sandhills and ranch are just south of Scepter Sask, all the rest are off highway 555 between Jenner and Bindloss Alta.

Awesome pix.

We don't have rattlers up here just garden snakes, drove by one once, thought it was a piece of fan belt, noticed the yellow stripe and new it was a snake, so backed up to investigate, looked like it was ran over, but still alive so I bugged him enough that he slithered into the ditch...

Kids asked why I didn't bring it home, told them did that a couple times as kids and the last one we caught had sixty babies, was not interested in that so it stayed where it was at, as I don't sex snakes!

Lana

Nice pics of the Saskatchewan prairie rattlers :)

Those are Alberta rattlers, never see any rattlers in saskatchewan the farmers kill everything there

Coo pictures, damn near fell off my chair when you said that pond was 20 feet deep! Want to see some rattlers? Drive through a single field in lethbridge, you'll find plenty! Haha. Thanks for sharing bud!

• 5 weeks later...

Those rattlers are ready to strike! I used to live in southern Alberta and I will confirm there is thousands of them there. I actually, accidently, got my face within 4 inches of one. He rattled, I screamed like a school girl and when I worked up enough courage to see if he was still there, he had left. Good thing there was a metal floor grating between us!!!

Derek