Adopted some fish

Moonlightsedge

Well, I adopted some fish today, It's nice to see my tank so busy again.

I received 2 clown loaches and a red tailed shark, so I am curious if anyone has and tips or quirks I should know about them. The shark is about 3-4 years old(most of them are around that, the corydoras and one of the tetras is 6)

They have all been kept together with no problems for the last few years and I am only adding my own danios, gold barbs and 2 ghost fish to the mix that weren't already there.

My main concern is my ghost shrimp will he eat them?(I already lost $30 worth of Ghost shrimp to the angel fish who leaves tomorrow)

I also adopted a pleco with this mix he is about 5 inches, we re-homed our other one because he was tearing up all my plants, but the previous owner said this one was fine with their live plants so is that a normal issue with plecos?

Oh it is nice to see my tank full of life, it was pretty slow due to lots of space and very few fish. I will most likely move all the live bearers to a different tank. Just so it isn't to much overloaded.

You will also most likely find your ghost shrimp disappear with the clown loaches.

The pleco is just a plain old grow huge type pleco. So I suppose I will be re-homing him, The people I got him from are moving out of province and couldn't take their fish with them, so I adopted them rather than having them shipped off to the pet store.

The Ghost shrimp are no longer in the tank, they have their own tank(all 2 of them)

The clown loaches are very pretty so I would keep them over having the shrimp in the larger tank, I was planning on putting them back in the main tank but they are fine where they are.

The 2 ghost fish I have are Ghost catfish one is just little only about an inch(just bought last week) and the other is going on 5 years and is about 3-4 inches.

Thank you

I'm off to see my new froggys now(well technically they are fire belly toads but...)I adopted them as well as the fish above and their set up is questionable(rubbermaid type container with a cut out lid,light and filter) but temporary until I have a tank ready for them.

I'm off to see my new froggys now(well technically they are fire belly toads but...)I adopted them as well as the fish above and their set up is questionable(rubbermaid type container with a cut out lid,light and filter) but temporary until I have a tank ready for them.

I have mine in a 30 gallon with half land and half water about 6" deep.

I have mine in a 30 gallon with half land and half water about 6" deep.

Mine will be in my 33 gallon, I am only waiting because I had bettas in it I was trying to spawn.

I am thinking I will probably move them over this weekend. I will have sand and gravel half land half water ,with a heater and a filter but I want to incorperate a couple small caves to so we will see what I end up doing, I also have some granite pieces I built I might use some of them to keep my water and land seperat and prevent the gravel from just sliding down. I also want some live plants in the water as well and I seen a pretty bamboo at the store and like how it was half water half out of water. And where the filter pours the water back in I want a waterfal but have to come up with a plan for splash gaurding it.

When my battery for my camera is charged I will post a picture of what their temporary home looks like.

Athena