What to feed an otto

devocole

Zucchini is great for them, some will take other kinds of squash also. I usually steam mine then wrap them up in long skinny roles and freeze what I don't use right away. I find if I slice it down the middle and cut it in wedges it sinks to the bottom. You can also try green beans, I use the frozen ones and just nuke them til they're thawed.

Seaweed is good but can get messy and be kind of a pain. I bought some from the grocery store that was meant for making sushi. I just hold it in with 2 veggie clips.

Also feed Spectrum algae wafers, mine really seem to like those but I've heard some won't go for wafers.

My otos love Kale (you can get it at Sobey's).

What is Kale?

Lana

Seaweed, I believe.

Mine are usually seen rasping on leaves or the tank wall - I don't beleive they're harming the plants, just keeping any algae or bacteria that might be growing there off.

My otos love Kale (you can get it at Sobey's).

What is Kale?

Lana

Kale is a broad leaf (rough edged and heavy leaf)vegetable with a unique taste. Best after a nights frost! Very European.

Boil till tender then chop very fine before serving, great with boiled sausage, mashed potato and gravy :thumbs:

J.

Well i'm glad we have that cleared up. lol.

I actually used it in a recipe last week. Its like a hybrid between celery cabbage and spinach. I don't think the fish will care too much about the details however.