gravel vaccumn

sumergold

On the tap in my kitchen I have a brass adapter that stays there. I connect a coil garden hose with a spray nozzle. I turn on the water and adjust the temp . I use a very good tight fitting nozzle as I want ZERO leaks. After I vacuum drain 1/2 the water volume in the tanks I add the Prime and immediately start to fill with the hose. IMO only Prime is capable of detoxifying instantly , Aquaplus and the others are not (from experience!). I do my tanks every week and I cannot do the bucket brigade. In my living room I do the 72 , the 90 and the 46 gallon tanks, the bedroom I do the other 90. The next time I do the fish room tanks. The only reason I do separate days is I'm lazy lol. No just because my back gives out . While I drain one I'm filling the other. If it wasn't for Prime I could never have kept my tanks , I simply CANNOT lift buckets to do the water changes. Hose out and hose in is my only method.

I hear ya Qattarra, right now I am on 14 tanks going on 15 soon, and I sure as heck don't want to be lifting buckets around either. And prime is about the only option for me when doing my water changes. I like prime the most because it actually helps detoxify and converts ammonia and stuff into safer forms. As well the bonus is you only use 1 capful for every 50 gallons, or is it 60.....anyhow compared to aquaplus and other brands where you use 1 capful for every 10 gallons. Now I wonder how much money someone like me would waste on water conditioner alone if using another brand? Most of my tanks get cleaned 1x a week, discus every 3 days, and some of my less heavily stocked once every week and a half or 2. I do my wc's mostly on friday and saturday nights. I go around with my python, stick in a tank, drain, then move onto the next tank, drain and so on. Then I do the whole process over again except filling them. :bang1:

I'll have to look at my bottle but I believe it's a capfull for every 100gallons. The other thing is that using too much won't likely hurt your fish but is simply wasted as x% of chemical A only needs x% of chemical B to neutralize it. So my understanding is that A wipes out B and any extra is just dollars down the drain.

Got the bottle here, it says use one capful for every 50 gallons (200L) of tank water. It is also advised to use this product for the whole amount of aquarium water, not just the water you put in. I am confused by this part though, if the water currently in your tank is already chlorine free, then why would we have to treat it ALL and not just the water that goes back in? I have never understood this completely, is it because it becomes too diluted to work 100% if you don't put that whole amount in?

Got the bottle here, it says use one capful for every 50 gallons (200L) of tank water. It is also advised to use this product for the whole amount of aquarium water, not just the water you put in. I am confused by this part though, if the water currently in your tank is already chlorine free, then why would we have to treat it ALL and not just the water that goes back in? I have never understood this completely, is it because it becomes too diluted to work 100% if you don't put that whole amount in?

HUMMMM there is a difference , the cap on my jug must be bigger, on the 2L jug it says 1 capfull for every 400L (100 gal).

Bottom line , use Prime if you want to refill straight from the tap, otherwise other products will work for removing chlorines and chloramines.

I just guess when I'm adding to smaller tanks - overdosing Prime doesn't hurt... and it's pretty hard to underdose. :)

Yeah I know, when I have to dose my 5 gallon it is pretty darn tough, I need an eye dropper so I can put only 2-3 drops in lol. Well yeah the dosing would be the same, since the lid is bigger, but it is much easier to dose with the smaller lid then you have a better idea when dosing smaller tanks.