Filter Comparison

happeboy

Filters  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would run a couple of Rena xp 4 filters

Well I can tell you that I'm not overly impressed with the FX5, They move a lot of water but their mechanical filtration bites, I have 2 running on my malawi predator tank 220 gallons and am not happy with the filtration on that tank and I am running twice what is recommended it was much cleaner when I was running 2 Rena XP4's on it. Every time one of the FX5's slows down it is because the charcoal bag is plugged the sponges are always clean. I much more prefer the Rena XP4

I run two FX5,s on my 240 gal and not a problem. love them.

I have ceramic rings and Bio Carb in the centre and they run good. :thumbs:

Edited by Frank

I have a sump on my 210 and I'm pretty happy with it. I use plastic pot scrubbers and some bio-balls I scrounged for bio media and filter socks running off a loop on the return pump for mechanical. I have enough plants that I don't run carbon or zeolite.

I have an FX5 on my 90 with way too many fish. I have had it for a couple of years now and only opened it once (to squeeze one of the rings to `jump start`another tank). It has never caused me any problem and when I set up my 130`s I will get a couple more (smiles as he`s lookin`for a smokin`deal)

Stacey