Fergy

Hi all. New to the forum, and to fish keeping. Sadly pet store reps sometimes give misleading information which I discover too late once I get home to research my new fish. Hopefully this will be a good resource to stop that from happening again!

Currently I have a single 25 gallon with 4 corys (1 albino, 1 bronze, 2 peppered), an algae eater, 1 ghost/glass catfish (was unaware they were schooling fish), 1 pangasius catfish/iridescent shark (was unaware they were schooling, and grow to 4 feet.. will need a new home someday, I'm sure.), and one feeder goldfish which my girlfriend claimed and I've not been allowed to feed him to my red eared slider. And the whole reason I got a tank, my blue marron / australian blue crayfish.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the good advice!

Hi all. New to the forum, and to fish keeping. Sadly pet store reps sometimes give misleading information which I discover too late once I get home to research my new fish. Hopefully this will be a good resource to stop that from happening again!

Currently I have a single 25 gallon with 4 corys (1 albino, 1 bronze, 2 peppered), an algae eater, 1 ghost/glass catfish (was unaware they were schooling fish), 1 pangasius catfish/iridescent shark (was unaware they were schooling, and grow to 4 feet.. will need a new home someday, I'm sure.), and one feeder goldfish which my girlfriend claimed and I've not been allowed to feed him to my red eared slider. And the whole reason I got a tank, my blue marron / australian blue crayfish.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the good advice!

:welcome: To AA,

I too am new to fish keeping, and like you made some mistakes in purchases.

Which has resulted in MTS (multiple tank syndrom) I just got into fish at the end of June, as you can see below I jumped in with both feet...

Now I am on the ride of my life...hehe

Thankfully there are great people here to help us newbies get our feet wet and turn us into sponges that absorb every bit of their info.

Lana