just given a tank!!

Ross

its an aqua giant corner bowfront style aquarium, its designed with the stand to have a sump underneath which i have, but i dont know how to setup a sump.

its designed for saltwater, which i dont want to use, and the back over flows take up soooo much room. so yea...lol what do i do.

OH and the bottom panel is cracked so im probably going to have to either buy a new peice of glass and replace it or ill have to buy a new corner tank.

any suggestions on where to go for either of those?

my main thing is how do i setup a sump lol...just because i have one :P

this is the tank given to me - http://www.aquagiant.com/product_info.php/...products_id/790

Edited by Ross

"OH and the bottom panel is cracked so im probably going to have to either buy a new peice of glass and replace it or ill have to buy a new corner tank.

"

Pretty risky if the bottom is cracked....does it hold water? I guess you could silicone a piece of glass over the top but would you want to risk it?

J

Great idea, thx degrassi! ill probably go there this week sometime and ask for an "instructional" lol

and yea lol im not going to risk it, not worth having 70 gallons of water on the floor lol. ill probably see if i can just buy another tank. then who knows i may end up buying just a cannister filter lol and give away the sump.

If you can cut the bottom out without breaking it into a million pieces you can take the 2 pices into a glass shop and ask if they have any used glass kicking around. Usually a piece like that might run about $50.00 for 3/8 glass.

I had a piece 19x22x3/8 cut for $20.00 and had no problems.

that would be awesome if aquagiant would do it cause then im sure id get an accurate peice. but if i can get it for cheap like 50 bucks id be happy. i just wonder if ill beable to do a decent job on cutting it out and sealing a new peice in. have resealed lots of tanks without problems, but never had to insert any new peices or anything yet :(

If you can cut the bottom out without breaking it into a million pieces you can take the 2 pices into a glass shop and ask if they have any used glass kicking around. Usually a piece like that might run about $50.00 for 3/8 glass.

I had a piece 19x22x3/8 cut for $20.00 and had no problems.

once you get up into that thick or thicker glass it is very pricey, from $7 a square foot for 5mm glass to$18 or more a square foot for .25" or thicker any glass shop will tell you that. Tempered glass that will take the wieght is even more expensive yet! your better off to get rid of the tank, to fix it may cost more than what your expecting. just my opinion as I used to work as a glazier. Sorry didn't mean to ruin your day.

Edited by Tracked maniac

lol nothing is ruined, i had already thought i may be better off with just buying a new tank, but im gonna look at all my options first is all. your opinions are all appreciated. and i know the glass will need to be thick lol no worries. id be replicating what it had originally to be safe, and maybe make it stronger even

that would be awesome if aquagiant would do it cause then im sure id get an accurate peice. but if i can get it for cheap like 50 bucks id be happy. i just wonder if ill beable to do a decent job on cutting it out and sealing a new peice in. have resealed lots of tanks without problems, but never had to insert any new peices or anything yet :(

Just wondering, if Aquagiant could cut the glass, why wouldn't they fix and sell it? But that's great if you can fix it. :smokey: