Fruit of effort

Iceturf

Next addition  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would very much appreciate more greens (or should I say, electric Greens :smokey: ).. Do you keep them in a 5 gallon shrimp paradise? Its amazing that they weren't fried from the light falling in, how often do you w/c their tanks?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update, moved plants around and found a bunch of rooted ones desterate for light behind the pennywort... Testing clover again because I'm bored...

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

I was given a glass turtle... I flipped part of my moss wall and rubber banded it to the back. Looks awesome, but partially obsturcted..

IMG_1894.jpg

looks really great, nice growth

thanks, but I wish the moss wall would have turned out better. I forgot to secure the riccia when I started and it all ended up colonizing the top 6".

Your tank is neato, the monster big tank (:. Do they eat live food and stuff?

Edited by Iceturf

which tank? I have the 180 and a 220? the Dovii eats pellets and shrimp the GGs eat pellets and veggies

Sorry, should have specified. I was referencing to the GG's and Dovi's. (I know nothing about those kinds of fish)

• 2 weeks later...

Update, got a nice piece of manzanita wood and a hydro sponge III from Patrick's Edmonton trip. I don't know how I got by looking at my tank without driftwood because it looks like it belongs there. I had a cyno..... outbreak recently, not sure why but I did a bit of a blackout and water change. I added a grey Hydrosponge and now I have a lovely green hydrosponge, interesting concept I know. Amano shrimp eat this stuff right? (that BBA algae or w/e its called?) Anyone got extra they could throw my way?

-Will be updating again soon because the lefthand side it uprooted and I will be fixing that. Hopefully I can get a Java fern soon (:

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

Did I mention that I removed the moss wall? I liked it, but this is nicer and free's up a bit of space. Got a lot of extra Riccia now though.... (among other plants)

Edited by Iceturf

It looks great, that's my kind of tank :thumbs:

I definitely liked the moss wall though, too.

Thanks and I think I'll try the moss wall again, but with a different mesh and secured moss

Nice set-up. Awesome to read through from page one to see the changes and re-modelling.

Complements are welcomed (: so which 'look' looks best'?

--

Update: Re-arranged the wood, not sure if I like it better this way but stands out more. -now I just need a java fern to add to the lefthand side

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After a bunch of much needed maintenance, my tank looks pretty good again.

IMG_2211.jpg

I got in on the 3 for 2 deal @ Natures Corner and got me some HC, a Java Fern and a Anubias Plant. The HC hasn't showed much growth, same with the Anubias, but the Java Fern has produced two or three little babies (I lost one...... as In physically put it down and couldn't find it)

IMG_2208.jpg

Soon to come: Shrimp

Soon to go: the Neon tetra's