Fruit of effort

Iceturf

Next addition  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like your tank!

-glad you like it (:

--Signs of growth:

-colored glass algea (green, brown; a few more and I'll have a rainbow)

-some of the taller plants reach the top of the tank (I don't think they did that last week.....)

- and :

IMG_1328.jpg

(sorry a bit blurry)

Edited by Iceturf

Nice tank. Didn't know you could convert plants into submersed. Does that work with a lot of plants that love water?

UGGGG (pulls out hair), stupid internet just lost the post I was about to submit with a bunch of stuff in it........ 15-30 min later... anyways now that I'm royally annoyed by my internet:

Thanks (for a second time) and in reguards to the plants submersed, I donno, I tried this (badly as I found out)

I haven't updated in a while so:

Algea? I donno, anyways not good, but the plant doesn't seem to care, looking for some shrimp to deal with this...Incidently I'm accepting donations :rolleyes:, lol I'll pay (looking for cherry shrimp, thanks)

IMG_1380.jpg

Got snails? I do!! Hands up if I should squish on sight? (is this kind good or bad, currently I only have a few)

IMG_1374.jpg

The center stage, loaches, but they will be gone soon, to a bigger home (to be replaced by a small school of smaller versions of themselves)

IMG_1377.jpg

A water droplet....right in the way.. and they move right after I clean it off........

IMG_1375.jpg

Posing center stage, Goldie the Black Moore (is joining the loaches to a bigger home)

IMG_1355.jpg

Filter Intake...

IMG_1358.jpg

Healthy java moss? Moved to a brighter future..lol (to a spot with more light) Looking for some driftwood to add so I can attach this moss to it, (anyone?)

IMG_1359.jpg

And last but not least, a full tank shot (if you look closely you will notice I have turned a stone upright and attached some of the remaining peila moss to it, awesome stuff btw but make sure you attach it to something or you might end up loosing half of it like I did) (also, I have added a mesh to the back with the hopes of it being over grown by uhh riccia moss someday, oh and as a hiding/breeding ground for the shrimp I hope to get)

IMG_1372.jpg

(copying post so I don't loose it a second time...btw if I post the same thing twice or show the same image twice I am sorry, I haven't catagorized my tank pics yet)

PS, I hope you like the pictures and this forum website is an awesome resource, I was able to get awesome plants from a nice fellow member and make a cheap Co2 reactor from/with some directions I found on here (might double its size in the near future)

Edited by Iceturf

Got snails? I do!! Hands up if I should squish on sight? (is this kind good or bad, currently I only have a few)

Some people think they're unsightly, but I think they're good little cleaners. Don't overfeed and the population shouldn't get out of control.

It seems like everything's growing well! It does look like you need to add iron, though. See the pale tips on the Mayaca? It's a really good indicator plant for low iron levels.

IMG_1358.jpg

Some people think they're unsightly, but I think they're good little cleaners. Don't overfeed and the population shouldn't get out of control.

It seems like everything's growing well! It does look like you need to add iron, though. See the pale tips on the Mayaca? It's a really good indicator plant for low iron levels.

IMG_1358.jpg

ok, I'll see what I can do to remedy that

can you name the plants you have in there?

I can ('cause I know exactly where they came from -_- )

A: Mayaca fluviatilis

B: Limnophila sessiliflora

C: Hydrocotyle leucocephala

D: tiny speck of Monosolenium tenerum (pellia)

There is also Riccia fluitans (in the mesh) and java moss in some of the other pics.

I can ('cause I know exactly where they came from -_- )

A: Mayaca fluviatilis

B: Limnophila sessiliflora

C: Hydrocotyle leucocephala

D: tiny speck of Monosolenium tenerum (pellia)

There is also Riccia fluitans (in the mesh) and java moss in some of the other pics.

-Dead on, (hopefully the pellia regrows the amount I lost)

Edited by Iceturf

Thanks werner, I like the looks of the mayaca, if anyone happens to have any extras I would definitely buy some from ya

I'll be doing some pruning shortly. I already have some people waiting for plants so I don't know if I'll have any extra Mayaca this time or not- can PM you if I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...