Cloudy Eye On Ray

colby82

I have a 2.5yr old hystrix sting ray. and i have noticed today that she has a fairly cloudy eye, it is only one of them, and there seems to be a little scratch on it, may have scratched it on a piece of wood. should i be worried about infection? she still eats lots and hasnt started acting odd at all.. just worried if there is anything that i should do to help her at all.

thanks

steve

Any chance of any pics? Are you sure it's a hystrix? Just make sure your water is clean and up the water changes if you're worried about anything. One of my schroederi had a cloudy eye for a while but it cleared up with time.

i am sure its a hystrix, i have had her for two yrs.. but i think she scrapped it on something.. and it seems to be gettin better. and my water is always clean.. maybe she is telling me she wants a new huge tank.. i think that is what i will tell my wife.. she is more concerned then me! so it might work! thanks for the response though, ill take a pic tonight if her.

I have had a few cloud eye incidents, not to long ago I used a fungus cure by API

Earlier this week I almost lost a fish because she freaked out ripped apart her lip scrapped up both eyes, one of her eyes was really bad with scrape mark and protuding fugal/bacteria. I ended up doing a 50% water change, turned up the flow rate, and put 1 tbls per 4 gallons of water. After 4 days she still wasnt eating and looked in ruff shape by the 5th day her eye had almost completly healed and is eating bits and pieces here and there.

It all depends on the initial health of the fish and how bad the injury is. Cloud eye often clears up easily, and I often let it clear up on its own

well she is still eating lots and was a healthy ray to begin with. and the tank is cleaned every couple days.. i think it is just healing.

and can you give rays that kinda of medicine..? i thought you couldnt..

Edited by colby82

• 2 weeks later...