now that's a bubblenest

fishclubgirl

Hi all,

Just had to show you the bubblenest that my giant Pk built. This is from a day or so ago as he now has it up to the top of the styrofoam cup. Now if only him and his gf would start getting busy!!!

Edited by fishclubgirl

Hi all,

Just had to show you the bubblenest that my giant Pk built. This is from a day or so ago as he now has it up to the top of the styrofoam cup. Now if only him and his gf would start getting busy!!!

-roll- Omg, I have never seen such a HUGE nest before... but I have never breed Giants yet... wow.. good luck with this spawn.

Well, she must have been impressed as I've got babies. She built her own nest and was taking care of a couple of the fry herself. These fish never seize to amaze me. They sure don't read any of my betta books. Now to grow out the little guys to be as big as Mom and Dad. They are both giants PKs, 3-4" long .

Congrats to Mom and Dad!!

Well, she must have been impressed as I've got babies. She built her own nest and was taking care of a couple of the fry herself. These fish never seize to amaze me. They sure don't read any of my betta books.

Did the female contribute to building the nest?

Good Luck!

She didn't help Dad at all but built her own later. (Now that's a liberated girl). The fry are too small to photograph and I'm a lousy photographer. I will put a pic of the parents. They are in show tanks so hopefully that gives you an idea of their size(3"-4").

• 3 weeks later...

Great, I've been away on and off so have used mother nature as a food source. Put in java moss and 2 marimo moss balls so they've been feeding off the infusoria from that. Now that I'm back, they get some BBS too. I think I'll try feeding all my spawns this way as they seem to have full tummies. One is already "livebearer" size but they don't have much colour yet. How's your spawning going?

have two tanks setup waiting for male to build nest, the one has been in there almost a month and has not done anything at all. the other has built a tiny nest but not big enough yet and he has been in there for a week and a half. the first one i have tried several methods with no success and the second i have only tried the Styrofoam cup. i ordered almond leaves with my other plant order but that was the only thing that did not show up.

have two tanks setup waiting for male to build nest, the one has been in there almost a month and has not done anything at all. the other has built a tiny nest but not big enough yet and he has been in there for a week and a half. the first one i have tried several methods with no success and the second i have only tried the Styrofoam cup. i ordered almond leaves with my other plant order but that was the only thing that did not show up.

Bettas can be really hard to breed during the winter(not like they're easy otherwise). That's why I was surprised at the giant PKs breeding so easily. I have lots of almond leaves if you need some. I could say "try this or that" but they just might not be in the "mood." I'm setting up my spawn tank in the next couple of days so I'll be back to the frustrating business. Good luck and may next year be "betta".

Edited by fishclubgirl