re bellied piranah diet

shelleyfellows

Any suggestions on what is best for large piranah

My piranha are 8 to 10 inches and I feed them every two days mostly I feed them freshly thawed smelt they are inexpensive and easy, occasionally some beef heart not to much though since beef is very fatty, I give them the odd treat of uncooked peeled shrimp this is really good for them and will produce a nice bright color in your piranha I also give them some cod fillets every so often, the thing that works best for me is to give them a varied diet this will give them different nutrients, I fed them just straight feeder fish for a long time risking the threat of introducing diesease and they were not growing and there color was getting darker so i would advice againsed that. This works good for me hopefully this helps good luck Piranha are magnificent fish and well worth the work.

Had a Trio, as Brian said they love the shrimps! did do a large feeder or two but only once a month or so, Hikari cichlid pelets also....Ex kept them not sure what he feeds them now!

I have a shoal of 8 that vary from 6-9 inches and feed them almost exclusively on New Life Spectrum Jumbo Fish Formula. I feed them daily and they will almost come right out of the water to get the pellets. Their color is redder now than at any time since I have had them. I do feed them white meat fish once in a while, but, I find the water stays a lot cleaner with the pellet diet.

• 1 month later...