Female bettas in Edmonton?

Jeska

Hello,

I'm new to the board, but am certainly not new to keeping bettas. I've been in love with these little guys for 8 years, but always kept males. After taking a small break from the hobby to concentrate on University, I'm trying to ease back into things and have just about cycled a 10 gallon planted tank and would like to keep 4 female bettas in it. Since it's almost done, I've started to hunt around now for some unique looking girls, but am having some difficulties. I can't seem to track any down...Big Al's always seems to be out, as well as any of the stores in the malls. I don't really know of a lot of aquatic stores in Edmonton, but was hoping maybe someone on the board might know where I can find a good selection of female bettas. I guess I could also consider ordering online...but figure that would be fairly expensive.

Thanks,

Jessica

Why don't make a road trip to Calgary? I have about 10 "fancy" girls for sale. Petsmart, Riverfront and Pisces have them too. If you want PK males, they can be found at Petsmart disguised as females!!

Why don't make a road trip to Calgary? I have about 10 "fancy" girls for sale. Petsmart, Riverfront and Pisces have them too. If you want PK males, they can be found at Petsmart disguised as females!!

Shucks. I think I responded to your post in the sale section. I don't have a car (yay for student budgets), and I don't know anyone in Calgary.

:thumbs: Thanks Fishclubgirl..

I have sent a PM, and for anyone who is interested I do in fact have Males and Females... they are young still but will grow..

So if someone is looking for female sorority tank, these guys are at the perfect age for exactly that... they are still in the same tank so no aggression...

PM if there is any interest.. let me know what sort of coloration your looking for, I will try to match a coloration your seeking with what I have currently and try to find the most colorful ones I can.

I will post a link so you can see some of my babies waiting for new homes..

Some of the babies

I will be able to deliver to Edmonton Monday thur Friday... Shipping is not an option at this time due to weather.. but I do always have betta's so you can check back with me when the weather warms up... I am sure I will have more available when your ready.

These guys are Guppy size, so it won't take long before they are big bright and beautiful... :thumbs:

Because of their size, I am offering a reduced rate and depending on the quality of each betta!!

Male PK/HM - $10 regular price $15 quality fish... exotic coloration...

Male HM/LF - $6 regluar price $8 alot of different coloration....

Female PK/HM - $8 regular price $12

Female HM/LF - $ 4 regular price $6

Because they are young I may make an error on male or female, its a given but if you ordered a Male but received a female I will exchange this error N/C as long as the fish is healthy. I do my best to sex them appropriately but can miss a sub domainate male who is trying to disguise himself as a female... it happens...

At this size they aren't as colorful but will brighten their coloration as they mature.