killifish eggs off of ebay?

fleshgear

no i have no killifish, but i would like to get some. i do not want to pay $30 per fish. i was thinking about getting some golden wonders from petsmart, i think that is what they are called. all of my tanks are community tanks. starting to get some semi aggressive fish like angels and German blue, gold rams, and some female Betta's in the tanks. the tanks are all planted with drift wood. i do have some peet moss for breeding Betta's.

Did you end up getting your killifish off of ebay or a store?

Did you end up getting your killifish off of ebay or a store?

i got some garderni killifish from big al's on boxing day. they are breeding now. and i have 15 fry. i will still try and order some off of ebay in the spring when it warms up a little

i got some garderni killifish from big al's on boxing day. they are breeding now. and i have 15 fry. i will still try and order some off of ebay in the spring when it warms up a little

Nice...I saw a really nice one at BA today in a display tank, not sure what it was, but I loved it. I can't wait to get my hands on some! That's awesome that yours have already started breeding! Congrats!

Nice...I saw a really nice one at BA today in a display tank, not sure what it was, but I loved it. I can't wait to get my hands on some! That's awesome that yours have already started breeding! Congrats!

The display tank with the foam background. And only one killi in there. That is a male garderni

The display tank with the foam background. And only one killi in there. That is a male garderni

Yup..that's the one! I saw him and fell in love with him..you're soooo lucky! I went back around to the tanks to make sure I didn't miss a tank of 'em but they had only two other kinds...they were nice..,.but not as nice as him.

I have bought two types from ebay, the first set I tried to hatch, I got 0 fish, as mentioned above the peat was completely dried out, the second batch I just threw in so I guess I will know in a short time, I emptied all of it in the jar to hatch out, last time I tried to take just a bit at a time...but I got frustrated and just am not expecting any to hatch, so in they all went, the ones I am trying to hatch now are Nothobranchius Eggersi red, so guess we will see.

By the way the brime shrimp I got from the same place, they hatch extremely easy within about 24 hours even...

Lisa

I have bought two types from ebay, the first set I tried to hatch, I got 0 fish, as mentioned above the peat was completely dried out, the second batch I just threw in so I guess I will know in a short time, I emptied all of it in the jar to hatch out, last time I tried to take just a bit at a time...but I got frustrated and just am not expecting any to hatch, so in they all went, the ones I am trying to hatch now are Nothobranchius Eggersi red, so guess we will see.

By the way the brime shrimp I got from the same place, they hatch extremely easy within about 24 hours even...

Lisa

That's unfortunate that the first batch didn't work out...I can imagine how frustrating that must have been. Hopefully things will be different for this new batch of yours. I'm really hoping they work for you, 'cause if they work for you I may try it too...I'm super tempted to buy the eggs off of either Ebay of Aquabid. Please keep us updated! I'm very interested to know the outcome, hopefully Great!

Cheers,

Cate

Lisa

when did you get them? can you see the eggs? can you see eyes in the eggs? you could try using reverse osmosis water to hatch them into. if you got the eggs recently they could have froze in the mail. and if you got them a while ago, they could have gone without water for too long.