Rams Breeding Already!

soliver

I got 7 rams 6 days ago(from rED O) which had never breed in his tank as far as i know. I brought them home and tried to make them as comfortable as possible. They were never stressed about the move at all. As soon as they got into there new home they were picking at all the baby snails that have started to infest my tank.

2 days later, i notice two pairs had formed. Both taking a side of the tank(15 gallons) and protecting it with there life.

I started to notice her birth tube come down and sure enough, today at 12:00pm, they layed on a rock i put in for them.

I was wondering if this fast of a spawn is normal for rams? Are they like convicts?(Rabbits of the fish world)

This is my first time breeding rams and don't know much about there parenting characteristics.

If anyone has any info that would help me out that would be great.

I was able to take a couple of pictures. Sorry about the bad quality. Still learning.

My Pictures

Edited by soliver

I got some from a breeder in Edmonton. He told me that it's difficult to fertilise the eggs in hard water. Mine did breed in Calgary water and I pulled the eggs(they were on a sword plant) and put them into softened water. I did get fry but then overfed them and lost them all. Not sure if this helps at all. After all this, I think I'll stick to breeding bettas.

I got some from a breeder in Edmonton. He told me that it's difficult to fertilise the eggs in hard water. Mine did breed in Calgary water and I pulled the eggs(they were on a sword plant) and put them into softened water. I did get fry but then overfed them and lost them all. Not sure if this helps at all. After all this, I think I'll stick to breeding bettas.

I did pull the eggs out of the tank. I have them in a baby catcher net and i have a bubbler right beside them. Hopefully they hatch. This will be a learning experience.