thinking of getting a black aro

polleni-puffer

I agree with above, buy the tank, then the fish. Black aro's aren't too hard to order when they're in season, but getting a tank big enough for one is much more difficult for a lot of people.

I third this opinion, never buy the fish before the tank. 9/10 times when someone says they will get a giant tank for a fish they never do.

Buy the tank first, then buy the fish, especially since you are only 13. Are your parents going to let you buy a 200+tank?

well not 200 ,but i can get away with 180 at most

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first got into fish I wanted a arowana. It took a while until I was finaly ready for one. I would not get one. Wait until you have enough room to home a arowana and give it a nice tank. 180 will not suffice for a black arowana.

What I mean is you ask for advice from all of us. We give you good advice, and you ignore it. if you buy a 10 inch aro and put him in a 75 gallon he will be 14 inchs in under 6 months. You will just end up with a stunted aro. If you don't have big tanks stay away from big fish.

ya ,im facing the sad truth .....i simply cant get any fish that gets over ohhh 7 inches long and god christmas is ssoooo far way LOL

(what i mean by that is after chistmas i always go out and buy a bigger tank ,so its gone like this)

5 gallon

10 gallon

20 gallon

10 gallon

25 gallon

30 gallon

100 gallon(as i said trashed by a pacu)

Edited by polleni-puffer

sorry ,im dunno what i was saying ,but i was thinking of when i was talking to someone there ,they said they might be getting in some 660 gallon tanks

I have never seen that, I don't think they would bring a 660 in. how do you pay for all this?

lol i'd rather see to it that a kid like you learn your lesson the hard way. if getting the black is what you want, go for it. i'd much rather watch you fail at handling an aro. trust me, aro's are not a piece of cake. have fun on your lesson kid.

lol i'd rather see to it that a kid like you learn your lesson the hard way. if getting the black is what you want, go for it. i'd much rather watch you fail at handling an aro. trust me, aro's are not a piece of cake. have fun on your lesson kid.

well said. we can give you all the advice and you will not take it. no point arguing with you because you are getting him anyways. good luck with the arowana.

Edited by rED O