thinking of getting a black aro

polleni-puffer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

African Fever was trying to sell his. I don't know if its still for sale,but its an awesome specimen. I'd talk to him before you make your decision. He's the only one, I know, on this forum that has one. I'm sure if he doesn't want to sell he can, at least, share his experience.

only 70 gallons right now *sniff sniff* tank mate would be an oscar and a sting-ray and once they out-grow that(i know i only got like 3 months untill ide have to upgrade in that thing) which would all get maoved into a 180+ gallon for all three.

(and this is off topic but i guy i know got a golden dorato and has the poor fish in a 20 gallon)

and african fever sold his to red O

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: he is a sexy aro :P

How much are big als selling theres for? i might pick one up and have to ( jokes ) it should be 25% off on boxing day. Also I would not think of a arowana unless you have a 230 gallon tank. The blacks and silvers get larger as well. It can be done, but unless you have 230 gallons I would think of another fish.

Edited by rED O

and african fever sold his to red O

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: he is a sexy aro :P

How much are big als selling theres for? i might pick one up and have to ( jokes ) it should be 25% off on boxing day. Also I would not think of a arowana unless you have a 230 gallon tank. The blacks and silvers get larger as well. It can be done, but unless you have 230 gallons I would think of another fish.

I had to sell my silver cause he got too big for my 230. Unless you plan on building a tank like Dustin, I wouldn't get one.

i have been thinking of building something or buying that huge 600+ tank at Big Als ,but im buying the fish ,i have never seen one as nice ,it even rivals Dustins in Sexiness(LOL).

why ask for advice and not take it?

African Fever was trying to sell his. I don't know if its still for sale,but its an awesome specimen. I'd talk to him before you make your decision. He's the only one, I know, on this forum that has one. I'm sure if he doesn't want to sell he can, at least, share his experience.

Not the only one! I have 4 Black arowanas in my 450 Gallon.

Edited by t-man

I would advise against buying a fish without proper accomodation. Even with puffer i.e. fahaka, people always say "I will upgrade" but sh*t happens and life throws you a curve ball and prevents you from upgrading when your fish needs the room.

My advise buy the tank, then the fish.

Jonah

I agree with above, buy the tank, then the fish. Black aro's aren't too hard to order when they're in season, but getting a tank big enough for one is much more difficult for a lot of people.

I third this opinion, never buy the fish before the tank. 9/10 times when someone says they will get a giant tank for a fish they never do.

Buy the tank first, then buy the fish, especially since you are only 13. Are your parents going to let you buy a 200+tank?

Edited by degrassi