little cridders

Tracked maniac

Hey everyone,

I was curiose to know if anyone has seen little cridders that look like a grain of salt some are a little bigger but white as can be I have some in my shrimp tank they seem to love the driftwood and the glass. They are killing my shrimp one at a time its like they are lice or something,I don't know what will get rid of them, I have tried scrubbing everything but still some seem to survive then multiply. HELP

I have seen these little guys a lot of times - they like the extra food. I think they're amphipods or copepods. I've never had a problem with them killing my shrimp, though. Are you sure they're killing your shrimp? When a shrimp dies it looks like cooked or canned shrimp. If it looks kind of clear or hollow, then it's just the molt.

there is nothing else in the tank just shrimp. it is just odd that before these little guys showed up myshrimp were breeding happily and when i noticed these little things shrimp started dieing and stopped producing eggs and haven't produced any since.They are to small to get a picture of them all I can say is they are about a grain of salt in size they kind of look like they have armor and all white and i'm noticing the shrimp have a really red spot near that yellow or green thing in there back and about a week after i noticed that the shrimp were dead. I'm scared to feed the shrimp to my cichlids cause I don't want anything like that in my other tanks just want to get rid of them little critters.I don't know for sure that these things are killing my shrimp but it seems very suspicious given the circumstances

Edited by Tracked maniac

I did however find a really good site about fish disease that may help many on this forum.

fish disease

I inserted a link and called it fish disease just click on fish disease and it will take you there purhaps a good link to have a standing post on this forum

Edited by Tracked maniac

I did however find a really good site about fish disease that may help many on this forum.

fish disease

I inserted a link and called it fish disease just click on fish disease and it will take you there purhaps a good link to have a standing post on this forum

I added this page to the site library