Tank Journal Section

For those of you wishing to start a Journal, please be sure to PM Tanker. He may not check the thread all the time.

Just curiuos, but wouldn't it be much easier to just go with the BLog as mentioned before? That way, if people want to start one then they just go ahead and start one, and you guys (Moderators) don't have to bother with spending large amounts of time setting people up, creating forums, etc.

Dunno, I just found it easier on my old site to run a BLog and the membership could use it if they wanted to. On a site like AA I think it would probably be a pretty popular feature.

Edited by Blue-Wolf

Just curiuos, but wouldn't it be much easier to just go with the BLog as mentioned before? That way, if people want to start one then they just go ahead and start one, and you guys (Moderators) don't have to bother with spending large amounts of time setting people up, creating forums, etc.

Dunno, I just found it easier on my old site to run a BLog and the membership could use it if they wanted to. On a site like AA I think it would probably be a pretty popular feature.

I'm a big fan of the way it is...

Alot more interaction between posters on a forum.

Posts won't get lost like they tend to in blogs (atleast for me).

And as a subforum, they show up under "new posts" so you can follow the threads as they're added to.

Might be a little bit of work, but we have quality people willing to help to make it easier on the mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually got the process down to about three minutes from the time I read the PM asking for a Journal, to the time it goes 'live'; so no concerns from me on the time or effort required. As for going with a 'proper' blog system with Invision that is another 'per year' cost for the forum and while we could manage it, there seems to be no reason to add the burden if the current forum's abilities can handle the job. I'll admit that I am not 100% happy with the way the 'backend' is set up with permissions and post rights, but at this time it is 'good enough'. We will periodically review the needs of that section (as we do with the entire forum) and will adjust as required.

And I'll chime in with thanks to Kayen for posting the idea, and to all the members who are using their Journals!