Cooooollll !!!!!!!!!!

rahim101

Personally I think it's ugly, nor do I believe it's pure. Considering the thousands of breeders world wide of this species, that is the only picture I have ever seen of one, outside of the hybrids that are bred in Asia. I've also never once heard mention of anyone breeding these, but I'm sure they too will suddenly surface in the fish trade scene.

To be honest, I have no idea why C-F added that to the profiles.

To my understanding, if you inbreed your fish several times, it occers in the 7th generation!!!!!!

If that was true, then in the case of the L. caeruleus there should be several thousand albinos of this species to have surfaced by now. Yet the one shown in the profiles of C-F is the only example I have ever seen, nor have I ever heard of any surfacing. Seems odd, doesn't it? All that fish looks like to me is a washed out yellow lab with pink eyes.

Wow. The second looks nothing like a lab. My thoughts mirror Neil's exactly. Why didn't albino labs appear in the 80's when the Brichard's were breeding them by the millions in Burundi? With the way that albino's are 'appearing now', pretty soon everything will be available in albino as well. Riverfront actually has some albino 'peacocks' in a with a tank of regular Sc. fryeri, and the albino's look much more like fryeri than any albino peacocks I've ever seen (there was actually a female carrying when Ty and I stopped by on the weekend). This is part of the reason I started the thred on albino's in the breeding section. With as many members as the board has, you'd think that one would've had an albino fry at some point.