Spirulina/Various feed

Lana Bollers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fish take time to adjust to a new food, especially if they are used to non pellet food such as flakes.

Eventually they will get hungry enough & figure it out.

so should i be starving them? (that sounds horrible :) ) they seem to only eat if they see the food floating down...they won't touch it if its on the bottom or floating...grrr

I guess you can scrap what I said earlier I was thinking of a different HBH spirilina product they carry I think that it is their breeding conditioner, The HBH Super Soft is great food. My friend feeds it to her cichlids and they do real well. Im working over at Tanks A Lot and we feed both NLS and the super soft to our fish. WE also have some of the other smaller containers of it for 40% off

Edited by Callie

I spent over $400 on a group of juvenile mail-order tropheus in the late spring and was uncertain about feed as I heard they needed "vegetable matter."I also heard they were a sensitive fish and sometimes hard to maintain or even keep alive.

I had been using NLS for my other cichlids and decided to just do the same with these guys.

Not one of thiry tropheus got sick or died. In fact they started breeding two months after I got them and they were two inches and under when I got them.

So for eight months it has been nothing but New Life Spectrum and they go crazy at feeding time. They don't seemed bored with their food.

They have it at pisces written on their tanks when they have tropheus, to feed only spirulina or algae wafers, but I agree that it has not brought any harm to my duboisi either.