Delayed

Callie

First off whats better Geo system or florite? The florite that I have works great but the geo system black beach gravel is appealing.

Im moving all my rainbows into a new tank and would like to set up a new plant set up. I do not plan on using CO2, for the reasons of needing high PH for my rainbows.

So what do you think would be the best for strong light and no additional CO2 and do well in high PH about 9, and relativly hard water. I wanted to have one primary family of plants with about 5 different species. and then maybe one or two from a different family to give it some spice

I wanted to do a crypt tank but they need amonium and a low PH the opposite of what my rainbows like.

Edited by Callie

Despite what you may have read, Crypts will do fine in a Rainbow tank. Also, Rainbows will do fine with CO2.

If the crypts do well then maybe I will stick with that idea. Thanks Jay

Does anyone know where there is a good place to order some?

I agree that they do fine with CO2 I use to have it in their tank, they seem happier with out it. for now Im not going to go that route

Im also looking for hydrophilia corymobosa with the spade shaped leave about 2inches long and about an 1 1/2inches wide.

I agree that they do fine with CO2 I use to have it in their tank, they seem happier with out it. for now Im not going to go that route

Im also looking for hydrophilia corymobosa with the spade shaped leave about 2inches long and about an 1 1/2inches wide.

Are you looking for crypts? I have balansae and wendtii if you want some.

Are you looking for crypts? I have balansae and wendtii if you want some.

Do you mind if I pick some up with the ferns when I come get the comp. program

I'm not too familiar with the Geo Systems stuff, but I think it's just plain gravel. Fluorite would have the advantage because of its high CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity- the ability of media to hold a nutrient reserve for plant uptake.) Gravel has pretty much no CEC until it builds up a load of organic stuff. You could add some mulm and crud from an established tank to the gravel to give it a head start.