fish sitting, how long?

fishclubgirl

So I brought back some fish from the us as a favour. I don't know the guy who they belong to but have been in touch a couple of times. They are BN and starting to grow. My tanks are jammed and I'm wondering how long I should wait until I sell off a few. I've had them for 2 months. Please let me know your thoughts!!!

Thanks

How'd you guess? They are longfin albinos as well as longfin b/w spotted. I did get my own too so now I have extras. As well I have no algae.

Give the person a deadline. Then start selling past that deadline. You've been overly generous and now you are in a spot where you have to do something soon. Be sure to inform them of the whole situation. Personally I'd like some of the Long finned pleccos but they aren't mine and they aren't truly yours to sell. If they live in Calgary give them a week(including a weekend) if not then 2 weeks tops. You are a very nice person but they cannot be allowed to take advantage of that like they have already.

Have a good day

L

I would sell them. I don't think it's fair that you have had to look after them for this long, without knowing in the first place it was going to be this long. Normally if I am holding fish for someone, they let me know when they will be picking them up. If they don't pick them up in that time frame and it has been over a month, I wouldn't hold onto them any longer either. Unfortunately some people use nice people to their advantage, I should know because it happens to me all the time too.

If you can contact the person give them a deadline and if they don't meet the deadline sell them for the value of your out of pocket expence.

Honestly you are too kind . We could always hold a mini auction here as there are several here, me included, who would like to buy them . How many do you have?

After the agreed upon date of the original pick up everything else is imposing on you . Have they paid for the fish or did you? If you did don't even think twice about it, they are yours and you needn't even try to contact the person . If you have already let them know 'their" fish is here and ready to go and they still haven't come, too bad , their loss.You are not expected to help them out any further, I think the "babysitting" fee has paid for them.

If you paid for them up front, and this person never picked them up from you, then they are yours to do as you wish. Is this a forum member? If so pm me with their name and I will make sure they don't stick someone else with the same kind of deal.

Thanks for all the advice guys and will let you know if I sell. No, he's not a member of AA as far as I know. If you do want short fin albino BN, I can get them for 2 for 15 dollars locally. For long fins, try "fair deal". I have some of his and they're doing really well. Thanks again!!