New Fish

Slough Shark

Thanks to Harold (fairdeal) I now have 5 awesome new fish. It's about time for something new to photograph too, and boy are these fish photogenic!! Here are my pics, I'll post a couple up in my journal too since that will still be there when this thread gets pushed to the next page.

This is a wicked fish!!

Steato1.jpg

steato2.jpg

steato3.jpg

steato4.jpg

I hope you enjoy,

Taylor

Thanks. I agree with both of you. They are a great fish with lost of personality. I don't know why the heck I waited so long to try cichlids!

Soliver- are your fish swimming around out in the open? I think mine are just settling in still, but if not, maybe my water balance is off a little. Or maybe my lighting is too strong, what's yours like? How many watts per gallon?

Thanks,

Taylor

Ya mine are in my fry tank, because there still a little small. They are definitely swimming around but they love the cover of the rocks. I find buffalo heads are more bottom dwellers. Your not going to find them swimming with the rest of the fish. You will find they will rest on the bottom of the tank, and this is perfectly normal. Are they in the tank by themselves? What other tank mates do you have them with? and what size?

The only other fish are my Black Kuhli Loaches (very small, eel-like) which I am still trying to get out of the tank.

I definitely knew they were bottom dwellers that I could expect to hang around the bottom, but mine aren't coming out into the lighted areas at all. They just stay hidden in the rockwork :rolleyes:

The only other fish are my Black Kuhli Loaches (very small, eel-like) which I am still trying to get out of the tank.

I definitely knew they were bottom dwellers that I could expect to hang around the bottom, but mine aren't coming out into the lighted areas at all. They just stay hidden in the rockwork :rolleyes:

Just give them time. I find that most fish feel more comfortable in groups. Mine might be coming out because i have 20 other fish around the same size as them in the same tank. So they just kinda join the group.

Guest Master of Puppets

Haha taylor once you try cichlids and larger fish like oscars you'll get bored of the small tetras and livebearers i'm thinking about selling my planted community just because small fish dont interest me anymore.