Blue estherae

Spader

Why would a male Estherae turn, yellow? He is the king of the tank he sarted of blue then changed to yellow and still shows barring, water is good, and has 7 females. The non dominant male is blue with barring. I bought these as F1, I just don't get it. :well:

I would like to know where it is going. I did get them from a person on this forum. I paid $45 for 9 fish. Their size range from 2" to 2.5". They are in a tank with 6 Vic's (latifacita), and a 2.5" German Red. 5 females are orange and 2 are pink. There is a lot of rocks and hiding places. I just hope I didn't get the sh*tty end of the stick on this one.

5 females are orange and 2 are pink. There is a lot of rocks and hiding places. I just hope I didn't get the sh*tty end of the stick on this one.

I feel your pain Spader, if you got yours from where I got mine, you've been burned.

Worse than me I might add, I only paid $25 for 10. :boxed: Sorry!!

It would be nice if there were still other threads to refer Spader to, but I see they have probably been deleted, as moved topics are usually still listed, but you can't access them. So be glad you asked, as otherwise there would be no information for you to find.

Spader: In my opinion, you do not have M. estherae (blue) cichlids. As far as I am aware, there have not been any sold in Edmonton this year that can be verified as being this type of cichlid, nor can I find anyone besides the seller who will vouch for these fish. These will not turn from blue to yellow, although M. lombardoi or kenyii hybrids will.

The seller is no longer a member of this board, as he has been banned by the administrators.