Hexagon Reseal?

Wingin' It

Just wondering what you all think...

I bought this 30 Gallon Hexagon on the weekend, and just now noticed that the seal all look really old and that they may need to be redone...I wasn't really sure if they needed to be done, but they look kinda nasty at the moment. I took a close up...what do you think? Since it is a Hexagon, oh man, I may be in for a job.

002.jpg

i would redo it if it was me. but i work with silicone almost every day. i always left them along if they did not leak, but recently i resealed a 45 gallon that i had and it looks great now. i am glad i did it. there is a few other tanks that i would like to reseal.

i used silicone 1 clear.

i cut away the old silicone but i made sure to not cut in between the glass.

Well I figure it's gonna leak sooner rather than later because of the weak seal so why not get the inevitable re-sealing done now before you have a leak and it also makes the tank look a heck of allot nicer. Just replace the silicone outside the seams not between the glass panes and you'll be glad you did. Shouldn't take too much time once you get the silicone cleaned out.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice...I think I will take it and do it...I know I read it somewhere on AA about what kind of silicone to use but can't remember what it was...anyone?

GE silicone 1 windows and doors. NOT bathroom and kitchen

Read this it will help you.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=11713

You can get this as well and it is inexpensive.

silicone001.jpg