NEW 135G

Exodus99

Well...

My project is nearing completion, my first cichlid tank, and I will be posting pictures soon.

Thanks to all those out there that have helped me along so far!

I am now undergoing the arduous and enthralling task of my stock list...lol...!

Any thoughts? Kinda new to this!

Xystichromis sp. Kyoga Flameback (2 m | 6 f)

Astatotilapia nubila (1 m | 3 f)

Copadichromis Chrysonotus ( 2 m | 4 f)

Aulonocara Baenschi ( 2 m | 4 f)

Placidochromis Phenochilus ( 1 m | 2 f)

Thanks all...any input would be greatly appreciated!

Onward... :thumbs:

Stocking list looks good. Very nice choice of fish.

Are you planning on breeding? If so, you will have some problems with cross breeding(especially the peacocks) and won't be able to keep any of the fry unless you witness them breeding yourself. Selling Hybrid Cichlids is not a good idea if you want to keep a good reputation.

I also noticed that you were mixing Lakes. Not normally a good idea but it can be done. Its not overly stocked for a 135 so you might be in luck.

Good luck with your fish and I hope to see pictures soon.

with so many choices...lol...i couldnt keep myself just to one lake...but am still not completely decided yet...

Stocking list looks good. Very nice choice of fish.

Are you planning on breeding? If so, you will have some problems with cross breeding(especially the peacocks) and won't be able to keep any of the fry unless you witness them breeding yourself. Selling Hybrid Cichlids is not a good idea if you want to keep a good reputation.

I also noticed that you were mixing Lakes. Not normally a good idea but it can be done. Its not overly stocked for a 135 so you might be in luck.

Good luck with your fish and I hope to see pictures soon.

I am looking forward to pictures :)

The stock list looks good as well. Some chances of crossbreeding ofcourse but I don't think your main goal is breeding anyway. I have never tried mixing the Kyoga flameback with nubila but I think they will work quite nicely together. If they crossbreed then it should be easy to tell.

I dont really think that breeding is going to be my main goal. I have done a fair amount of research and am fully aware of the responsibilities of an african cichild enthusiast. I would never want to harm all the hard work that people have done brining fish here to have them cross and then promote that... no worries!! I am thinking that the chance of crossing, albeit always being a possibility is there..., the chance should be fairly low...and easily recognizable if it does happen. :)

I agree with you. I have mostly Lake Malawi but i have thrown in a couple others here and there. Are you planning on breeding your fish?