Does anybody know where I can find these?

Wackinator

Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows anyone or anyplace that has Koi Swordtails, any help would be appreciated, and also curious if I could keep a couple of small angel fishes with them?

I have attached a picture of them that I found on google.

Thanks

Pisces did have them a couple of weeks ago but sold out. I'd see if they're expecting more in. Small angels should be fine with them as I've kept black swordtails with angels for years. Just watch out as they get bigger as some get aggressive. I think koi swordtails are so pretty but didn't have room in my tanks at the time!!

Pisces did have them a couple of weeks ago but sold out. I'd see if they're expecting more in. Small angels should be fine with them as I've kept black swordtails with angels for years. Just watch out as they get bigger as some get aggressive. I think koi swordtails are so pretty but didn't have room in my tanks at the time!!

Thanks and yes I remember seeing them at pisces earlier so that was one of the first places I checked, went there today but they said they wouldnt be getting shipments for some time because they just got a couple of shipments and a lot of them were swordtails, just not the ones I was looking for lol, and would I be able 2 get away with 3-4 swordtails, 2-3 angels(small) and a couple of albino cories in a 20 gallon? or is that too overcrowded?

I used to breed hi-fin lyretail swords and even the 33G I used for breeding seemed small. A 20G may not be enough swimming space for them as they are very active fish and can get to about 4".

oh okayy so how many do you suggest for a 20 gallon if the only thing they share the tank with would be a couple of cories?

2 or 3, males only unless you have lots of other tanks to raise fry in. Even if you get females only, chances are good that they're already pregnant.

if i get a trio of swords, 1 male and 2 females wont the babies be eaten? wont that keep their population in check?

2 or 3, males only unless you have lots of other tanks to raise fry in. Even if you get females only, chances are good that they're already pregnant.

if i get a trio of swords, 1 male and 2 females wont the babies be eaten? wont that keep their population in check?

They will eat the babies but depending on cover and how good the fry are at hiding they may not eat them all.

Swords also get rather large with the sword's tail adding even more length. I don't' think a 20g will be enough space for a group of adults.

They will eat the babies but depending on cover and how good the fry are at hiding they may not eat them all.

Swords also get rather large with the sword's tail adding even more length. I don't' think a 20g will be enough space for a group of adults.

thanks and Ye I think I'm going to go with something else and hopefully get a new tank for some swords!

I got 9 cherry barbs, a couple of cories, probably going to add a couple of mollies and some kind of centerpiece fish