Canadian sellers on aquabid

fishclubgirl

Hey everyone,

Now that it's warming up, plants can be shipped in Canada. There's some plant sellers on Aquabid with some neat stuff in Canada(even Edmonton, Tuan, you owe me!!). Let's support them. There's way less hassle getting plants in Canada than from the US or overseas. (p.s. my auctions will be reposted tomorrow and I will have more plants for sale later, duckweed anyone???) There's also some snails and crayfish available from Kamloops too. Let's buy Canadian!!

Yes! It's a shame i have on way to pay them ;( , besides EMT, but thanks for the headsup, a couple years ago i used to be on aquabid all the time, but there were never any Canadian sellers, glad that's rectified (:

Any cdn sellers selling star moss??? how do you know when you're looking if they're cdn if they don't post it?

If they only ship to Canada, that's a clue. If you look at their auction, it will tell you where they're located.I always do this as it let me know how long my package will be in transit. I do have some star moss but not enough to auction. Talk to me about it!!

I just ordered some plants off Aquamagic. They are in malaysia but offer free shipping internationally for plants, not sure about other items. Boo on the americans who won't ship here. For plants all they have to do is put on the box aquarium supplies or something, as long as they don't put live plants or live fish right on the package it should clear customs grrr. I want to try and do an order for live fish on there (from US), found out the seller I want to buy from has a good reputation and does ship to Canada yay.

I just ordered some plants off Aquamagic. They are in malaysia but offer free shipping internationally for plants, not sure about other items. Boo on the americans who won't ship here. For plants all they have to do is put on the box aquarium supplies or something, as long as they don't put live plants or live fish right on the package it should clear customs grrr. I want to try and do an order for live fish on there (from US), found out the seller I want to buy from has a good reputation and does ship to Canada yay.

I tried this several times with several different people, never cleared customs.

Customs needed $200 worth of paper work from the shipper if i wanted the plants, so

yeah, no.

Though this might not be the case in all situations i really think it's a hassle for us in the planted hobby here in Canada, as there's lots of nice plants that are harder to attain, though out on the west coast i heard it's easier.

For what the US shippers are making off their plants, it's not worth the risk on 'bending the rules' sending plants/fish to Canada. Stick w. the other international sellers to get what you want. :)

Many sellers like Aquaticmagic are international sellers, he even sells his stuff on ebay. I believe they know how to ship here, as I am sure they have sent alot of stuff over here considering they are a big seller on aquabid. Some of the small time sellers are ones I think you should be more careful around, although we never know about them until we try them out. I am all in for supporting the people who are willing to ship to us, even those within Canada.

Customs from the states is a mixed bag. I've had a shipment turned back that was labelled "aquarium glass" and one that got through labelled" amazon frogbit plants".Like that makes sense!! Aquatic Magic "bends" the rules and my theory is they factor this into the cost of doing business. I did lose one shipment from them but they replaced no problem. There's plenty of Canadian suppliers like April in Vancouver, Plant guy in winnipeg, Nature's Corner Store, T and T Aquatica and I'm sure there's more. Most plants are quite easy to ship with Canada Post and arrive in good condition.

looks like Aquariums West will be shipping plants soon too. They have a really good selection so check it out; www.aquariumswest.com (I think!!). I am so done with my plants being held up in customs for days.