Source for tropheus?

Boom

I'm seriously considering switching my 180 gallon from all male mixed africans to a good size colony of Tropheus.

I have narrowed the many choices down to 3 species. I would like to get one of these, hopefully from someone within the Edmonton area, but Calgary or anywhere else within a few hours drive is also acceptable if the price is right. I'll even ship if the source is highly reputable.

I would like to start with juvies (1.5" to 2"). Don't care if they are WC or F1 or not, as long as they are pure species and good quality.

The species I'm looking for are:

1. Tropheus moorii (Kasanga) "Red rainbow"

2. Tropheus moorii (Nkamba bay) "Ilangi"

3. Tropheus moorii (Kazumba) "Golden kazumba"

Thanks.

Boom :boom:

Well I really like the first two

1. Tropheus moorii (Kasanga) "Red rainbow"

2. Tropheus moorii (Nkamba bay) "Ilangi"

I have been looking for some Red Rainbows as well... if you find some ill be interested as well

Spencer Jack in Winnipeg was my source last year for the Species Black Kiriza that I now have. Like you I started with a short list of my wants and then started checking around. To my surprise tropheus were not easy to find in Calgary or Edmonton retailers other than duboisi.

Maybe that has changed in the past year. I don't know but I seem to have a market for my fry.

I was hesitant to do mail order as it was my first time but it went well and Spencer was great to deal with. He has a website and can email his lists. I don't know if he gets the tropheus you want very often. Luckily for me kiriza was on my top 5 list and I did not have to wait long until he had them.

I see spencer has 3 types tropheus in his lastest stock list...

You may be able to get Henry at Natures corner to bring them in through Spencer for you.... He just finnished a group order with Spencer not sure when he will be doing the next one... He does this for the expense of the fish and a small holding fee.... well worth it IMO

Spencer currently has 5 tropheus variants on his list, but not what you are looking for. I seriously doubt that you will find any of the 3 species that you are looking for locally, so if your heart is set on a "red rainbow" type variant you'll have to seriously consider having some shipped in to you. The list posted in the link below is an old one, but the "Kasanga" variant was listed.

Clayton is a stand up guy & does keep trophs, so you might want to shoot him a PM & see if he knows of any that are currently available.

http://www.riftzoneaquatics.com/forum/thre...p?threadid=2024

HTH