plants+goldfish??

fishclubgirl

A friend of mine has asked for my help(so I'm getting all of you to help so I don't sound like an idiot). He has some goldfish in a 30 gallon and wants to put some plants in. There's no CO2, not great light, no heater and the water quality isn't great. My opinion is the aquaticus plasticus would be an excellent bet but was wondering if anybody else had any ideas. Could some anubias work or any other ideas????

A friend of mine has asked for my help(so I'm getting all of you to help so I don't sound like an idiot). He has some goldfish in a 30 gallon and wants to put some plants in. There's no CO2, not great light, no heater and the water quality isn't great. My opinion is the aquaticus plasticus would be an excellent bet but was wondering if anybody else had any ideas. Could some anubias work or any other ideas????

anubias are pretty hardy, can survive in low light and low CO2 as well

Goldfish are notorius plant munchers. You can try some Anubias or Java fern, but I suspect they'd end up being snacks.

Java moss... It is the only thing that has lasted with mine. It even survived my 13" bulldozer pleco...

You could try parrots feather - either submerged or emerged.

I think if there is no lid (though why you would remove it with goldies who tend to jump into the food jar I have no idea), any emergent plant common in goldfish ponds should work, like water poppy, lillies, etc. But you would need better lighting.

I am going to try a hardy water lily in my 65g this summer as they don't bother it in the pond.