POWER OUTAGE

Ishkabod

What should i do. I don't have a battery operated air pump or anything and i have more tanks than i want right now and what about the bacteria in the filters? HELP.

Thanks

L

Thanks for the website. I doubt the power will be out much longer so what i did do was add prime and watch to see that the fish appeard to swim around normally. How long before the bacteria in the filters will start to seriously die off? And should i go out and spend the last of my money on a battery powerd air pump and stuff.

Also it mentioned opening up the canister filter. I'd be doing this in the pich black of my basement with only a mini maglight for guidence. should i go home and do it anyway. Also i was thinking of stirring up the water manually to get some air flow but i'm worried about temperature drops. What would you do?

THanks so much

L

I keep battery operated air pumps for back up, but seeing as you don't have any I'd definitely be agitating the surface of the water, and/or performing small water changes just to get some 02 exchange happening. As far as the filter bacteria, read my comment in the following link. http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=25565

I keep battery operated air pumps for back up, but seeing as you don't have any I'd definitely be agitating the surface of the water, and/or performing small water changes just to get some 02 exchange happening. As far as the filter bacteria, read my comment in the following link. http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=25565

Thanks for the info I'll drain some of my fluval into a bucket asap to get some flow and hopefully there won't be that smell. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

L

Umm maybe i should get that bottle of Stability before they run out in stores because i'm sure there are quite a few more people than me with dead bacteria.