Relatively Peaceful Mbuna?

NomiDemekin

What are some of the more (relatively, of course) peaceful mbuna cichlids, and other compatible african cichlids? I know Yellow Labs and Rusties are said to be less aggressive, but what are some other mildly aggressive mbunas? And are there any other africans that would be a good match to this grouping?

Ps. Acei are a good "peaceful" choice. Right now I keep Yellow labs and acei together with no aggression problems. They both kind of stick to themselves and their different areas. The labs stay in the rocks and the acei are out in the open.

I've also kept Lab. perlmutts and Rusties together without any issues. The Perlmutts are a bit more aggressive then the yellow labs but still there weren't any real problems and it was mostly chasing, no injuries.

Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos are good piecefull africans. My favorite mbuna set up is about 10 each of these and Yellow Labs. I've also tossed in Ps. saulosi with this group. The Saulosi eventually take over, but if everyone is added at the same time and quite young, they do fine.

I was possibly going to be able to get my hands on a used 70-some gallon tank, and I was either going to move my goldies in it or try my hand at african cichlids, maybe two or three of the more peaceful mbuna species ( I know they are not the best beginner cichlids, but I'm really attracted to them). Sadly, due to a combination of things this isn't going to happen for quite a while. I really appreciate all your replies though! For now I'll just have to focus on improving the tanks I have and making some betta barracks. (I always have to have some sort of project to work on, maybe one of these days I'll actually be able to go through with more of them. Darn you, art student's budget *shakes fist* )

• 3 months later...