whats killing the fish?? HELP!!

lt1fj40

Just thinking outside the box. Any chance you use some soaps or hand creams and then do tank maintenance? Also aerosol cans in the area?

also fabreeze and many other air fresheners too can kill fish (air to water mix=chem in water)

Im Not Sure If You Have This Problem Solved But Iv Read It Over And I Think Everyone Has Covered Everything Else But Looking Over What Ya Have In Yer Tank Jogged A Similar Memory Of A Guy I Know That Had The Same Problem .

The Mound Of Rocks ? Are They Aquatic ? The Point Of This Is My Bud Put Them Red Chalky Looking Rocks In His Tank And There Was Tiny Particles Breaking Off That Could Not Be Seen And Where Not Coming Up In Tests And Wiped Out His Tank

Just Thought Id Throw That Out There ....

Oh I Almost Forgot . Contaminated Food ? Contaminated Chemicals ? Could Be Something That Yer Putting In And Not Whats Already In There

Edited by The-Influence

I think you guys nailed it (knock on wood) I removed the marble since Ishkabod mentioned the thing about marble...I googled it and found some say it is fine and some say it is not. I also read a quick test to see if your rock is fine is to put a couple of drops of vinegar on the rock and if it bubbles it is not good for the tank. Well some of my marble bubbled and some didn't so i removed it all and did a water change and it has been 6 days I think since we have had any dead fish or issues...so hopefully that was it...

Ishkabod you mentioned something about garlic with there food what do you mean? I still have one catanoide with pop eye in a QT tank I am treating with salt and heat he looks better but still has pop eye.

Thanks everyone for their help!

Rob.