Fluval Edge Aquarium

fshkpr4evr

I seen them at Pet Smart in Red Deer today . NICE. but a bit more then $150.00 Should of looked closer, they seemed bigger then a 50 gal.

Call me a yuppie but I just picked one up at Petsmart on the west end for $179.99, it's black and they have one more there...might set it up Tuesday or Wednesday for shirmp and some neons...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one last week at petsmart. It caught my eye as soon as I walked in the door. Ever elegant looking tank. I wouldn' t mind owning one. It would be a beautiful living room or office tank.

Which one, I drove around today trying to find one...None on the south side at either "PJ's" nor "Petsmart"... Did you see a price on them? I've found US retailers online listing them @ $150 USD...If I could find one for a comparable price I'd own one today...

It was the 137ave Petsmart

No Heater, which is too bad.

Tank measures 17"x9"x10" or about 6 US gal. excellent finnish

I'm not going to use the edge filter, I'm gonna use a smaller canister unit, under gravel heat and CO2 injection which will all be hidden in the stand... Upgrading the lighting may be a challenge though...I'm really excited about this little project.

Edited by cale262

I'm not going to use the edge filter, I'm gonna use a smaller canister unit, under gravel heat and CO2 injection which will all be hidden in the stand... Upgrading the lighting may be a challenge though...I'm really excited about this little project.

You read my mind. I was wondering where CO2 could go. And how to get rid of the halogen lighting. Looking forward to see what you can do with this sucker...

You read my mind. I was wondering where CO2 could go. And how to get rid of the halogen lighting. Looking forward to see what you can do with this sucker...

CO2 and the canister are the easy part, the hoses can be run up inside the back and all hiden in a 3 foot pedestal type cabinet I already have. I think I'll use a glass diffuser and glass tubing inside the tank. I also have a eheim 2213 but am worried it may create too much current in this little setup...?

Edited by cale262

A couple pics to give everyone a better idea...

FLUVAL EDGE in black...

IMG_1264.jpg

top off...

IMG_1265.jpg

lights turned up...

IMG_1266.jpg

side profile...

IMG_1267.jpg

I've heard of people using taps to throttle down the flow on eheims.

As for lighting, i would try CF retrofits in the hood, as 13w's i believe are only 9 inches long, so there's a possibility there , with multiple 13w bulbs.

28w Bulbs are a bit longer i believe.

Just saw the pics .. nice ! I like it !

Edited by Kayen

...CF retrofits in the hood, as 13w's i believe are only 9 inches long, so there's a possibility there , with multiple 13w bulbs.

Problem being there is only 6"x6"s of workable area under the top cover, 9" bulbs are way too long.

This has become more than just another aquarium and is quickly turning into a challenging project.

Edited by cale262

There's always cree LED's , if you know your electronics, though it maybe on a pricy scale, and it seems insanely complex, to do , but it should fit .

You shouldn't need to know electronics. There are many LED halogen replacement bulbs out on the market now. You'd just need to find the right size with a good color temp, etc. And preferably with a wide angle dispersion. The existing halogens look like they'd spotlight the tank right in the middle.

This has become more than just another aquarium and is quickly turning into a challenging project.

I cant speak for anyone else but I for one would be interested in seeing a thread on your progress and modifications for this tank so I can live vicariously through someone elses MTS. :smokey:

• 2 weeks later...