Fluval Edge Aquarium

fshkpr4evr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who were interested, I was at Petsmart today and they are taking $50.00 off the price of the Fluval Edge for Petperks members. The discount goes until September 28th I think.

Yes I saw that too... makes it $129.99 after the discount so after GST its $136.50. Might not be too bad at that price but I still cant imagine cleaning/decorating or catching fish in it will be very easy? Anyone have experience with the HOB filter that is on these? I dont know anything about HOB filters.

As far as I can tell they only sell the black version right now and the girl said that they usually only carry the most popular color first to figure out how well it sells before getting in the other less popular colors.

I think i might survive on KD for the next few weeks and get one at that price. I doubt they will have them on sale again anytime soon. And where can i get LED halogen replacement bulbs.

Thanks

L

Try some of the commercial suppliers like HD Supply Litemor or Commercial Lighting. Wish I could help you out but I only carry T12s.

As far as I can tell they only sell the black version right now and the girl said that they usually only carry the most popular color first to figure out how well it sells before getting in the other less popular colors.

I've seen all 3 colours for sale... I'm gonna take my receipt back and see if they'll still honor that price, I gave them my card when I bought mine but there was no discount applied :(

I cant speak for anyone else but I for one would be interested in seeing a thread on your progress and modifications for this tank so I can live vicariously through someone elses MTS. :smokey:

Pretty busy with some shutdown work right now but once I get all my ducks in a row I'll start a thread.

Well, I was bored last night and went to work on this one, Added some modular rock which I bought from Patrick, half a bag of FlouriteBlack, a dozen root tabs, One Anubias nana petite, some Java fern on a piece of DW, a couple stems of helferi, some fertz, excel and Seachem stabilizer...

I'll let it sit for a week or so and see how she works out...Then some Shrimp and maybe 6 Cardinals or another small colourful tetra.

just after filling...

IMG_1272-1.jpg

This am...

IMG_1275.jpg

I also got $50 back from Petsmart and was going to pick up another one @ 129.99 but they're all sold out, maybe I can find another today...

Edited by cale262

That looks awesome! I am torn about the rocks... they look nice but look like the take up a lot of room in such a small tank. Will be good for shrimp to crawl around on though. And this is the first time I have heard of helferi... I am intrigued and want to track some down now! Great job and it really makes me think about getting one of these tanks!

• 2 weeks later...
...CF retrofits in the hood, as 13w's i believe are only 9 inches long, so there's a possibility there , with multiple 13w bulbs.

Problem being there is only 6"x6"s of workable area under the top cover, 9" bulbs are way too long.

This has become more than just another aquarium and is quickly turning into a challenging project.

You want two Jack demsey Call Linh at 780-996-9702.