HELP

Ishkabod

Here is the connundrum I have Nitrites at 0.25 and all the fish are at one end near the air bubbler breathing hardish EXCEPT the Petricolas9Look like they are having a party swimming around everywhere) bettas and Pleccos. I fed the tank and no one even tried to go after the food. The funny thing is they aren't at the top of the tank gulping air but they are as cloce to the air bubbler as possible. I started the air pump feature on the filter, 10ml of prime and a starter dose of prime and nothing changed. I tested everything else and nitrates are at 0-5ppm and PH at it's usual 7.6 and ammonia at 0 too.

WHAT IS WRONG what should i do.

How it started is listed below

Well here is what happend today

Did a water change of about 30% because it needed it.

Pulled apart the fluval 203 to get rid of the carbon because it expired.

Some of the hose connections came apart so i need to pick up plastic ties to get them to stay togher again

fluval 203 out of service for a week or so starting today

Still have one filter in the tank that is more than adaquite, It ran the tank fine befoe the fluval was added.

So one of your filters is no longer on the tank? If thats correct, then a large portion of your bacteria have been taken away and you are going through a mini cycle.

You have nitrites, so you need to keep doing water changes to keep them down. Keep measuring the parameters and doing water changes until its under control. Keep feeding to a minimum, especially if they aren't eating it as that will only add to the ammonia/nitrites.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep up with the water changes. One question though. WHY ARE THEY NOT GOING ANYWHERE ALLTHOUGH I DID ADD MORE AIR AND PRIME TO DETOXIFY. And what number since i can't remember should i try to keep the NitrItes Below/

Thanks

Just to clarify i know what is happening with the mini cycle and why but i really am worried as to why the fish aren't responding to what i have done to treat them.

Should i do another immediate water change allthough i allready did 30% today or if not how long should i wait.

I also have a TONNE of hornwart and some recovering vals so i'm not sure what to dose for salt or should i let the plants do the work. Should i keep the lights on longer to keep the plants eating more too??

thanks

L

Edited by Ishkabod