deadmeatforever

hello all my name is ed thought id intorduce myself since im new to the site. .............

I moved from freddy town new brunswick and havnt had fish in over a year and half but and getting back into it a little. I use to have a 240 gallon salt water wall mounted tank and sumps etc unfortunity divorce struck and well fish tanks went buh bye ahahah .... starting up again with a fresh water the smallest i have owned in years 80 gallon its looking good so far but always looking for some better things to run the tank. Living in a house thats not my own limits things as most know. i love do it yourself projects and will post some pics of my tank and setup.

80 gallon

dyi hood, stand, lighting

mounted the filters in the hood so that there would be nothing hanging over the sides of the tank etc.

mounted 7 aqua 48 inch bulbs / lights and ballasts in the hood etc

got play sand from home depot

and the rocks for aqua scaping from the side of my driveway

one power head in one corner .. its a crappy one only thing i could find in stores around here. Ill prob be ordering or buying a used maxi jet 1200 with modd on it soon.

the stand etc is still a work of art in progress but once i have every thing completed it will look spiffy :)

Well thats a little about me hello every one ..................

post-4422-1255742819_thumb.jpg

Edited by deadmeatforever

Thanks for the warm welcomes

the tank has

2 silver dollars

2 large craw fish

2 angel fish

2 plecos

one bala shark

:)

attached a pic of the lighting system and filter mounted in the hood :)

\

oh if anyone wants to do a lighting system like this and needs a ballast and connectors i have a few left over ....... the actual hooods they were in are crapp and prob not usable but the parts are! just drop me a line

ps where is the good pet stores with salt water fish etc in edmonton ? Do any stores have discus?

post-4422-1255893125_thumb.jpg

Edited by deadmeatforever