Tank Upgrade

sherlock

So it looks like I will be upgrading from a 90 to 180 gallon tank. I need some suggestions as to what else I can add to this mixture. Currently I have a JD, GT,Texas and a couple of kirin (all juvies). I also have some congo tetra's which are proving to be good dither fish. For a clean-up crew I have a couple of bristlenose pleco's and a couple of petrocola's.

Please keep the suggestions to livestock that I can get locally and not have to pay a pile of cash to bring in, which always seems to be the case for the best looking fish :rolleyes:

The petricolas may end up being too small in the long run. If you can trade for some S. multipunctatus or S. eupterus, or any of the larger Synos, that might be better as the cichlids grow. I'll let some of the more experienced SA/CA monster keepers chime in regarding the cichlids.

Get a couple big Jaguars. I got a gorgeous mating pair that are like 9 or 10"and they are awesome.

I am also going to add that I think a school of silver dollars would be great. I think that one group of schooling fish is always nice in any tank if you can get them to work with the other fish.

Edited by jesp

So it looks like I will be upgrading from a 90 to 180 gallon tank. I need some suggestions as to what else I can add to this mixture. Currently I have a JD, GT,Texas and a couple of kirin (all juvies). I also have some congo tetra's which are proving to be good dither fish. For a clean-up crew I have a couple of bristlenose pleco's and a couple of petrocola's.

Please keep the suggestions to livestock that I can get locally and not have to pay a pile of cash to bring in, which always seems to be the case for the best looking fish :rolleyes:

pm'd

u can always add a couple bloods parrots for color.... otherwise if they are all juvies u have a chance that theyll make it work out if worked together in such a big tank ....uve got lotsa color....Could consider severums , the red shoulders are SO nice when the color up, some people think they are too timid for the more agressive fish but ive seen them kept happily in timid to very agressive (multiple flowerhorn) set ups.... so its all a gamble with all these type of fish. A schooling fish like the silver dollars is a good idea as well to add a different dynamic to the tank, and help the other fish get out some agression safely, i personally dont like the look of them, they seem too plain for me, good luck!

where did you get your kirrin's? do you have any pics?