Sweet Find!!!!!

MarkN

I have a group of 201's, all wild caughts and in a tank with a group of Red Top Lwandas. Well today I found around 15 babies in the tank! Incredible find. The parents are really elusive and I rarely see them. All I ever see are their tales while they are in their caves. All the babies are at the top of the tank and on the top of the heater. The only reason I saw them was because I was doing some excercises on the floor beneath the tanks and happened to look up at the water line! I am supe stoked about this find and cant wait to see them grow up. I wonder how old they are as they are around 1.5CM's! Any ideas? Also are they ok in that tank? Are they safe with the parents and the Lwandas?

Thanks Mark

To make it better I also stripped 40 fry from my Auloncara Kandeensis!

I decided to remove a bunch, those I could catch and put them in a fry tank. I went down last night and found about 10 more with the flashlight! Not sure if I can catch them today but I think that brings my total to 22!!!! Here's hoping I can keep them all healthy and growing!

Mark

very cool... i would just leave some of the babies in the tank if they are already 1.5CM they must have been in there a little while at least and have made it... so if you havent caught them already i would think they will be fine just my 2 cents congrats on the babies hope to see pics when they get a little bigger

very cool... i would just leave some of the babies in the tank if they are already 1.5CM they must have been in there a little while at least and have made it... so if you havent caught them already i would think they will be fine just my 2 cents congrats on the babies hope to see pics when they get a little bigger

CONGRATS!!!! Would love to see some pics as they get bigger :thumbs:

are these the ones you got from the group order from columbia?

Yeah I ended up saving only three of the whole batch but I had two adults of my own. so when I moved them all together viola babies! Lucky I tell ya, I just hope its an ongoing thing now!

Mark