New here

Saber123316

Hi i am new here and have got 4 months exprience and I live in Edmonton in eastern millwoods near J percy page High school. I am 17 years of age and I love my tank its 10 gallons with 4 guppys 2 darwf frogs and 4 darwf corydoras.

my guppys consist of 3 females and 1 male bought at big als the 3 females are pregnant and i do not know when thay will release i have bought Java moss for the fry to hide in when the time comes that there released and i keep the water clean for em.

For christmas i was browsing a petcetera flyer when It poped up a petcetera brand

10 gallon for 50 dollars everything included except heater and air pump so i picked it up and bought 4 neons 6 zebra danios 2 corydoras the neons died the zebras died the corys where fine but i learnt what cyling was the hard way.

Welcome to the forum. If Petcetera sold you all those fish at the same time as you bought the ten gallon they should be ashamed of themselves. No one should have to learn about cycling the "hard" way. Ok rant over with, I am happy to hear you are sticking with it despite your losses. Please, please, please feel free to ask the people here any questions you might have like "How do I stop these guppys from having babies?" Or "do pickled guppys taste good with beer?' just kidding, again welcome here. :welcome:

It is good to see more young people getting into Aquariums.

:lol: yea that way I dont halfto talk to all these old fogeys.

jk

:welcome: Welcome to the forum! You will find amazing knowledge and help on this board as well as some good deals, great tips and wonderful people. There are also montly meets in Calgary and Edmonton. I'm hoping to make my first meeting this month... (IF the boss will give me the night off!!) lol.. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :D

If Petcetera sold you all those fish at the same time as you bought the ten gallon they should be ashamed of themselves. No one should have to learn about cycling the "hard" way.

Watch out which petstores you bash. I don't really care cause its the edmonton one you ranting about, but every employee that I ever worked with at Calgary petcetera's, knew never to sell fish with a new tank. They'd tell them to come back once they had treated the water, checked everything was in working condition, and had their heater at the desired temperature.

Ok, yeah, welcome aboard. Gotta love how cheap petcetera brand is.. The older kits they made were a lot better then the newer ones, but for $40-50 for the 10gallons, can't complain. If anything doesn't work, ya just bring it back for a new one!

The employee who sold you neons for the cycling of a non-heated tank is a moron. I'd fire em if I ran that store.

Welcome to AlberaAquatica Saber123316. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

They are plenty of expierenced, helpful members aboard.

A.C.E. - excellant club, become a member ! [MPE].

As for the unfortunate inceident, New Tank Syndrome, You can now advise others of the pearls, and pass on your expierence.

Smokey

B)