RIP Pheno

Vallisneria

I found my favorite fish dead today, my big male Phenochilus :cry: Not sure what killed him. He was fine yesterday when I turned the lights out but this afternoon when I went feed them, he was dead on the bottom :cry: Not sure what killed him. I added a few new fish, some M. cyans but I hadn't noticed any aggression between them and the cyans are quite a bit smaller. The water is testing clean. Poor pheno :(

I grew him out from a 1/2" fry and he was just starting to get really beautiful.

pheno4.jpg

Ugh, I wish I could have done something for him.

I just got home from work to find my big sunburst dead :mad: .....was eating and swimming fine last night

Its the worst when they just die suddenly. In my case I dont' know what killed him. Just like yours, he was eating and looked fine the night before only for me to find him dead the next day.

Today one of my yellow labs didn't come up to eat with the rest. It doesn't appear to be holding, so I hope its not sick and that there is something in the tank.

If the pheno was sick what would have killed him so fast? He looked normal the night before(shiny, colorful, fins good) but when I found him dead he was discolored(light patches,cloudy) and pale. Not sure if that could have been from the other fish picking at him.

Stupid mystery deaths!