Scrubbies ????

They work just fine.

They provide a very great deal of surface area for the bacteria to grow on.

The more surface area the better, up to the point where you don't have enough food to feed the bacteria.

That would be way overkill though.

I don't think any reasonable person would put that many filters on their tank.

They work just fine.

The more surface area the better, up to the point where you don't have enough food to feed the bacteria.

Most The People I Know Have Around 2-3 Filters On There Tanks .... So I Dont See It As Over Kill

Nothin wrong indeed.

Pot scrubbies have a ton of surface area/ space they take up ratio. Especially when you cram them in there. If you put a few in your cannisterws, I think it would be highly likely that you could easily have more bene-bacteria capacity, then you would ever need. Which is a good thing.

Boom :boom:

For biological filtering, they're great b/c they have tonnes of surface area and are cheap! Dollarama seems to have them intermitantly, and there was a store in SE Common called Great 88 that had them 6 for .88

They work just fine.

Most The People I Know Have Around 2-3 Filters On There Tanks .... So I Dont See It As Over Kill

Two or three isn't overkill, I agree, I was trying to make the point that you would have to have an inordinate number or filters with scrubbies to run out of bacteria.

Just a little education at the same time, you know how it goes. :smokey:

• 1 month later...

any type of scrubbie in particular to use? I see many different types at the dollar store , will just ordinary plastic ones work? I thought i read somewhere that plastic isnt that good for the bacteria to grow on ? it was actually reffering to plastic vs. silk plants