Running out of room, peacock fry with BN CLOSE THANKS

Ted

I am rapidly running out of room. it must have been quite the weather system that swept through Edmonton because everyone is breeding. Can I put 1/2" peacock fry in with a pair of adult BN and their own 1/2" fry? Just need somewhere else for the other peacock fry!

Thanks

Theresa

Surprised this week with albino longfin BN fry, regular brown BN fry, sunshine peacock fry, saulosi fry and a blue regal about to spit!

Edited by Ted

I am rapidly running out of room. it must have been quite the weather system that swept through Edmonton because everyone is breeding. Can I put 1/2" peacock fry in with a pair of adult BN and their own 1/2" fry? Just need somewhere else for the other peacock fry!

Thanks

Theresa

Surprised this week with albino longfin BN fry, regular brown BN fry, sunshine peacock fry, saulosi fry and a blue regal about to spit!

A friend of mine raises BN and angelfish fry together with no issues. Don't know if this helps at all but I tried. Have you thought about putting a tank on the floor,lol!!

Thanks

Theresa

well first congrats on all the babies you must be doing something right!! and second i dont think it will be a problem at all i had 2inch peacocks in with 1inch BN plecos and they didnt bother each other just give the plecos places to hide and everyone is happy

I put mouthbrooding females in my BN breeding tanks. THe moms spit, then eat a bit for a few days before they head back to their tank. Both cichlid and BN fry/adults do well together.

I don't use prime. Someone on another forum said I had it wrong. The bathtub is to be used as a quarantine tank, not the toilet. My angelfish fry are in there now. Makes it a challenge bathing!!

I don't use prime. Someone on another forum said I had it wrong. The bathtub is to be used as a quarantine tank, not the toilet. My angelfish fry are in there now. Makes it a challenge bathing!!

Thanks for the help everyone. BN fry and peacock fry are doing well. Thanks for the tip about the mom peacocks Jason, next time I get one near term I will do that for the other BN tank. By the way, AnneMarie, I couldn't use the bathtub since that is where Ted is since I let him in the house. But it would save on Prime (volume of water)...hmmm

Theresa