rohm tank mates

loki

Guest Master of Puppets

Depends on the fish I wouldn't do mostly because I could never afford one. I've seen people keep neons with full grown jardini arowanas so you never know.

A rohm is a black pirahna. The idea behind keeping tetras with pirahnas is that they aren't really even much of a snack b/c they're so small. If you can find posts by Pirahna Man, you'll see is monster rohm with about 100 cardinals... they only lasted so long.

Some tetras are actually fairly easy to breed, if you have a couple tanks (parents will eat their eggs/fry, so moving them after spawning is advised). If you could keep a constant supply, you could have a nice display all the time.

I keep my red bellies with a pleco and some guppies. The pleco is much bigger than them and they leave him alone for the most part, in fact the pleco chases them away for their food a lot of the time. He doesn't even like eating his algae discs anymore, he just wants the shrimp.

As for the guppies the Piranhas seem to completely ignore them, I haven't seen any agression towards them whatsoever as of yet. I've heard of people having similar experiences with Tetra's. I may try and put a few in as well.

As long as you keep them happy with their space and feed them well then it seems a lot of people have had success with a variety of different fish.

• 2 weeks later...

so this weekend past i decided to try a crayfish. my rohm never sits on the bottom and is very shy, so i dont think the crayfish will have a chance to pinch her. so far the crayfish has had one encounter with the rohm but he never backed down and the rohm left him alone. he is cleaning up the left over food and staying out of harms way......lets just hope it stays that way.

• 3 weeks later...

well the crayfish and my rohm had a couple of showdowns :guns: but they never really came into contact. although after about 4-5 days the crayfish is dead. he is under a piece of driftwood, which he dug a burrow under. doesn't look like he got trapped, but hes dead for sure. oh well........

she/he is about 6"-7" now. about 2" bigger since i got her about 5 months ago. and im sure she has packed on a good 1/4" in girth. lol she has always came to the front of the tank for my four year old daughter, but never for me until today. i will post some new pics of her. i have moved and changed her tank around since the last pics.

she/he is about 6"-7" now. about 2" bigger since i got her about 5 months ago. and im sure she has packed on a good 1/4" in girth. lol she has always came to the front of the tank for my four year old daughter, but never for me until today. i will post some new pics of her. i have moved and changed her tank around since the last pics.

Excellent. The reason it's finger chasing is because it is comfortable. Good for you. :)

My big rhom is like a mean dog behind a fence.