A really big arrowana

Bandi

I was visiting Calgary last weekend and we went to the Smitty's restaurant in the Sunridge mall parking lot (on the North west corner). They have a tank in the middle of the room with the largest arrowana (I believe it is a silver) I have ever seen. If ever anyone is thinking of getting an arro...I suggest going to see this moster...just to get an idea of really how big they can actually get! It was impressive!

Edited by guzookeeper

Silver Arowanas grow pretty fast, faster than most people expect...maybe 4 years to that size but in one year they can grow from 6"- 18" with lots of feeding. As for shipping you would have to talk to sea world....lol

I had 2 silvers and they grew from just under 10" to 23 or 24" in just 8 months. Mind you they were in a 255G and had lots of room to stretch out. They only got fed every 2nd day too when they were smaller and @every 3rd day as they got bigger. The girth on those babies went from @1 3/4 to 5 1/2 to 6" as well. When I netted them it was all I could do to hold onto them - very powerful fish to say the least.

do the silvers grow faster than the other colors of arrowanas?