alge in my tanks

shaune

i have 2 90gallon tanks which i have been fighting this problem my tank is green not fogy but clear but green tinge i have a uv sterilizer on one and i just did a complete water change on the other one and it still comes back i washed the rocks and everything when i did the water change its been going on for a year now i thought it was my lights being on to long so ive started to keep them off and still nothing i have even put alge begone and in them and still nothing they are both cichlid tanks and i need help please help

If the tanks aren't planted you could always try a 'black out' for a few days (I'm not sure the actual recommended time, someone else might be able to help with that).

You basically just cover the tank with sheets/towels/whatever so no light can get in, and don't turn on your aquarium lights. It should take care of your green water.

Green Water is caused by excess ammonia. Have you rinsed out your biomedia in the fitler? If so, NEVER do that. Rinse the mechanical media and replace the chemical media, but NEVER rinse the biomedia in tapwater.

Green Water is caused by excess ammonia. Have you rinsed out your biomedia in the fitler? If so, NEVER do that. Rinse the mechanical media and replace the chemical media, but NEVER rinse the biomedia in tapwater.

ya so since i did the full water change which i know is hard on the fish i have had a few deaths im getting pissed off and frustrated if there is someone that could mabye come take a look at my tank and tell me what they think or give me a hand i might even pay some if thats what it takes

ya so since i did the full water change which i know is hard on the fish i have had a few deaths im getting pissed off and frustrated if there is someone that could mabye come take a look at my tank and tell me what they think or give me a hand i might even pay some if thats what it takes

There's people here trying to help you and your fish, but you need to answer their questions before they can really recommend anything.

I know it can be frustrating but without more info there's nothing anyone here can do.