New forum layout

I've been having a bit of a problem reading the forums with this new format because the new posts are hard to differentiate from all the pinned topics above them. I'd like to see the pinned stuff separated slightly, or in a different color, etc., so I can tell at a glance what is new.

I realize that this is more of an esthetic issue rather than technical, so I'm sure it isn't top priority right now. Just want to get my $0.02 in.

Thanks!

I always just click the "View New Content" link at the top of the forum (by the RSS button), then I don't have to worry about filing through the different forums.

Edited by jvision

I have spoken with the programmers regarding the pinned issue, and they said there has been enough feedback so it may make a return, someday. I am also looking into various 'skins' for the forum and to see if there is something I can do about it, sooner.

I don't know about everybody else but I think navigating through the site now is a royal PITA, I don't spend much time on here now because of this...

I don't know about everybody else but I think navigating through the site now is a royal PITA, I don't spend much time on here now because of this...

What are you finding difficult about it? I don't find any difference between the old board and the new board besides the different look, a few minor button layout differences and the different pm system.

Are you having specific issues that we might be able to help with?

• 2 weeks later...

What are you finding difficult about it? I don't find any difference between the old board and the new board besides the different look, a few minor button layout differences and the different pm system.

Are you having specific issues that we might be able to help with?

The part I find to be a PITA is that i can't just scroll threw the thread to read the replies, when I click on the thread all I get is the OP, if I want to read the replies I have to click on them individually, This takes allot of time when I on my BB or sitting in a hotel room using shared access...

"click the thread, read the OP, click the first reply....wait a few for it to load...read the next reply and repeat..."

Is there something on the the control panel to activate so I can see the whole thread without going through this whole painful process?

TIA, B.

Edited by cale262

Not sure this will help you but I would go into your options > Forum Tab > View\posting\email prefs you will see a Topic display mode dropdown. Mine is currently set to standard and I am currently using the silver wonder skin.

Mucho better,....That worked, Thanx :thumbs: