Convict Cichlid eggs??????

FishyFishy!

So my convicts have been acting all wierd and digging themselves a shelter in the sand. Then today I checked them out, and there were a bunch of eggs sticking to the side of the rock. Are they eggs? Or some other random things? What should I do to keep them alive?? HELP!!! haha

post-4570-126404315594_thumb.jpg

post-4570-126404316717_thumb.jpg

So Tips to keep them alive? I would actually either like to raise them to sell/give them away, or use them as feeders for my puffers.

My fatherinlaw takes bucketfulls down to the fish stores to try and give them away. They don't take them. I really don't want to get into detail about what he ends up doing with the fish... some might not consider it humane-friendly.

Oh and they'll live, and live, and live, and before you know it you'll have 18,000 of them. Feed those puffers well!

Edited by Baos

Yes be sure too feed as many as possible to your puffers or you wont know what to do with them! I ran into a convict infestation about 9 years ago and thought I got rid of every one of them before I moved and after I settled into my new place and set up one of my tanks about 2 months later hiding in the rock work there I seen another baby convict peaking out! Boy I was not happy after I seen a second....and there it began again. Thankfully today I have none and plan to never let them in my home again! LOL I wonder if they are as bad as mice.... :rolleyes: