Angelfish tankmates

Fishful Thinking

Though my angelfish will have their spats between themselves, they seem to get along with all the other fish including bettas, mollies, swords, cories and plecos. My only concern would be putting them in with "nippy" fish. They seem to be a good community fish.

what you've listed should be fine with an angel, and yes, they are great as a centrepiece for a community tank, especially if it's planted.

some barbs can be known to nip at angels. off the top of my head i can't recall exactly which ones though.

i have a large veil angel in with longfin rosy barbs, 1 ruby barb, little killies, platy, cories, bn pleco, albino rainbow shark, and apple & ramshorn snails. no aggression towards or from the angel ever.

I was wondering if my school of rummynose would be able to go in the 90 gallon with my 4 inch angelfish. Most of the rummies are full grown. Also, would German Blue Rams work? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I have both rummynose & blue rams with my angels, I also have red phantom tetras, gold nugget pleco's & some wild discus. They all make excellent tank mates.

i have 5 full size angels in a 46 gallon tank, they are with bloodfin tetras, cories, swords, neons, platies, and some other small tetra. they are all fine. the angels have bred several times in that tank. the angels fight amongst them selves and during breeding they will chase any other fish away.

Okay my angels are good with the other fish except for the apple snails. They have a game going on when they knock the apple snail off the glass. It's quite funny to watch!!